This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Feature Request for C
- From: Taylor Holberton <taylorcholberton at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 10:09:38 -0700
- Subject: Feature Request for C
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I would like to know if adding namespaces for the C language (as a gnu
extension) could be added in GCC.
Except instead of using c++ style mangling, it would simply just
prepend the name of the namespace to the symbols in the file.
Would be exported as ncurses_savetty, and could be called outside of
the namespace as:
This would ease the maintenance of a lot of existing C projects that
use this kind of naming convention.