This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Support Library Requirements for GCC 7.1
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: carl hansen <carlhansen1234 at gmail dot com>, Paul Smith <paul at mad-scientist dot net>, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 11:28:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: Support Library Requirements for GCC 7.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx08.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx08.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=jakub at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com E1FD8C054C4C
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com E1FD8C054C4C
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHEkXCRqGVfb9w1FiFP_reNxzFAFDQFiAn=q7DB==T75rg1nNQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdTi4S0Hda7mGxH_7Y50Vn87tFAsa6W_57wFWUb7ECkH1A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 10:25:53AM +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 3 May 2017 at 06:23, carl hansen wrote:
> > On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Paul Smith <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> On Tue, 2017-05-02 at 18:17 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >>> With gcc 6.3.0, we have this in our build recipe:
> >>> %define mpfr_version 2.4.2
> >>> %define mpc_version 0.8.1
> >>> %define gmp_version 4.3.2
> >> Best thing to do is look at the contrib/download_prerequisites script
> >> that comes with the GCC source code.
> >> The 7.1 version says:
> >> gmp='gmp-6.1.0.tar.bz2'
> >> mpfr='mpfr-3.1.4.tar.bz2'
> >> mpc='mpc-1.0.3.tar.gz'
> >> isl='isl-0.16.1.tar.bz2'
> >> In general, it's better to just run that script, if possible.
> > "it's better to just run that script"
> > One would think.
> > But 7.1 is outdated.
> > latest gmp is 6.1.2
> > latest mpfr os 3.1.5
> > latest isl is 0.18
> The question is not about what the latest versions are, but what
> versions are required, and known to work.
And not just that, there are also dependencies in between
gmp, mpfr and mpc versions. So you can't take too new mpc with too
old mpfr or vice versa etc., the problem you ran into was one of those.