Re: PowerPC SPE maintainership (was Re: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*)

On Mon, 1 May 2017, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> My current patches have powerpc*-*-*spe* for the powerpcspe port.
> Maybe it should also allow powerpcspe-*-*?  If people are willing
> to change the target triple they use.

In that case, either config.sub or config.gcc could handle the mapping.

> > Some testcases will be applicable to both ports, some to only one.
>
> Yeah; but we can sort that out later, no change is needed as long as
> the new port is essentially a copy of rs6000 :-)

Presumably the SPE port maintainers will want to clean up the SPE port
soon so it's not simply a copy of rs6000 (removing all the options, ABI
variants etc. not applicable to SPE-supporting processors).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com