Re: Help with getting started with adding IPA-related attribute

1.) decides rather or not to inline a function,
2.) decides rather or not to make a .constprop version of a function,
3.) a good pass (when all constant propagation is done) to search for fn parameters and variables (marked with an attribute) that were not constproped away, and finally 4.) what mechanism should I use for that search? (iterate through the tree to find them and then see if they have rtl? I haven't worked in this area yet.

I've got 3 & 4 worked out as well as most of 1 & 2. I'm learning the CFG which is quite complex and fascinating. It would appear that it is already performing some of the constant propagation that I wanted it to do (without the new attribute), and yet many constancy tests fail unless the function is "always_inline"ed from the caller "flatten". I'll have to dig more to figure out why.

Daniel