Re: LCOV of current GCC

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017, Jeff Law wrote:

> I did some similar work a few years back.   Martin's results are comparable to
> mine.   Interestingly enough the 70-80% coverage we see for GCC is a "sweet
> spot" in that several of the ancillary tools I tested were in the same overall
> range.

My observation from looking at some of the C front-end results is that
many of the coverage omissions are from features only used / supported on
certain architectures, e.g. address spaces and fixed point (though
actually there are address spaces on x86, but maybe not tests covering
much of the generic address space support).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com