This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Ada gcc compiler for ia64-hp-openvms
- From: David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <david dot sauvage at adalabs dot com>
- To: gcc at gnu dot org
- Cc: gérard Calliet <gerard dot calliet at pia-sofer dot fr>
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 18:55:32 +0400
- Subject: Ada gcc compiler for ia64-hp-openvms
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Dear GCC Steering Committee,
I am David, founder of AdaLabs Ltd, a software engineering startup
having expertise in Ada programming language technologies. As a summary,
we would like to know if gcc has interest in an assignment of copyright
to FSF from our work. We are not used to this process, and are kindly
soliciting your support on this task. Our work is about Ada compiler
support on GCC for OpenVMS.
AdaLabs Ltd (http://adalabs.com) and PIA-SOFER SARL
(http://pia-sofer.fr) have worked hard to make Ada available again on
OpenVMs using GCC (ia64-hp-openvms). Both entities share ownership,
while AdaLabs is also the author of the work.
Our work is based on gcc-4.7.4, and consists in building a gcc compiler
for openvms ia64 (through native, cross and canadian build, starting
from x86_64-linux-gnu to finally reach ia64-hp-openvms). The
modifications are of two flavours:
- patches to make the builds successful (in native, cross and canadian
- patches/backports to implement Ada/VMS related features, that are
present in gcc version after gcc-4.7.4 (in native, cross and canadian
In the case you are interested in our copyright assignment proposal, we
would be pleased to continue this process.
In the case you are not interested in our copyright assignment proposal,
we would be pleased if you could advise us on the best way to make our
work available to the GNU/FSF community, especially concerning the
licenses and copyrights management.
I am at your disposal concerning any information you may need to take a
stand concerning this proposal.
Software Agile Architect, Director
AdaLabs Ltd - Mauritius
+230 542 818 32