This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PowerPC SPE maintainership (was Re: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*)
- From: Andrew Jenner <andrew at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:18:55 +0100
- Subject: PowerPC SPE maintainership (was Re: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170214030703.GS21840@gate.crashing.org> <58A61E7B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170216221937.GB21840@gate.crashing.org> <58A63B91.email@example.com> <CAGWvny=aWTzSta=jwZS8HwmWU4riN7ee46CZP8MwS2PcYPC0mw@mail.gmail.com> <452E2837-FC8A-4DA2-A2B9-F58151841F58@adacore.com> <CAGWvnymQjd=k4Hv6PgWW2kuCinQTOQvSRvSEnVRN-C-RnvmKig@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 13/03/2017 18:01, Andrew Jenner wrote:
I volunteer to be the point of contact for the SPE port.
Over here at CodeSourcery/Mentor Embedded, we have a strong interest in
SPE *not* being deprecated (we actively ship toolchain products with SPE
multilibs, and have customers for which these are important). We are
therefore volunteering resources (specifically, me) to maintain SPE
upstream as well.
My understanding is that I need to be appointed by the steering
committee to become a maintainer, but I have not yet heard anything from
Either way, I will work on cleaning up the SPE test results and getting
some patches sent upstream to make sure this part of the port is in good