PowerPC SPE maintainership (was Re: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*)

On 13/03/2017 18:01, Andrew Jenner wrote:
I volunteer to be the point of contact for the SPE port.

Over here at CodeSourcery/Mentor Embedded, we have a strong interest in
SPE *not* being deprecated (we actively ship toolchain products with SPE
multilibs, and have customers for which these are important). We are
therefore volunteering resources (specifically, me) to maintain SPE
upstream as well.

Ping.

My understanding is that I need to be appointed by the steering committee to become a maintainer, but I have not yet heard anything from them.

Either way, I will work on cleaning up the SPE test results and getting some patches sent upstream to make sure this part of the port is in good shape.

Thanks,

Andrew