This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Who broke options.h?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 16:13:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: Who broke options.h?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170425135922.GA19857@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017, David Malcolm wrote:
> >From what I can tell, the n_opts and opts in that file come direct from
> opt-read.awk, which gets them from opt-gather.awk, which appears to
> sort them (but my awk skills are weak).
Maybe the opt-gather.awk call in Makefile.in needs to set LC_ALL=C. If
setting LC_ALL=C on the $(AWK) -f $(srcdir)/opt-gather.awk call works to
fix this then that change is preapproved.
Joseph S. Myers