This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 7.0.1 Status Report (2017-04-20)
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 18:08:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC 7.0.1 Status Report (2017-04-20)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170420100235.GQ1809@tucnak>
On 04/20/2017 12:02 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> We have reached zero P1 regressions today (and < 100 important
> regressions) and the branches/gcc-7-branch has been created;
> GCC 7.1-rc1 will be built and announced likely tomorrow.
> The branch is now frozen for blocking regressions and documentation
> fixes only, all changes to the branch require a RM approval now.
I would like to apply the following patches to GCC 7 release branch before the 7.1 release:
It took us a few more review cycles than expected. The patches are important to get reasonable code
for the C11 atomics now being used in Glibc:
S/390: Optimize atomic_compare_exchange and atomic_compare builtins.
These fixes for two GCC 7 regressions:
S/390: PR80464: Split MEM->GPR vector moves
S/390: PR79895: Fix TImode constant handling