This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: intrinsic function for the assembly x86 xchg command
- From: Yichao Yu <yyc1992 at gmail dot com>
- To: fab10 <0xfab10 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 14:10:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: intrinsic function for the assembly x86 xchg command
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 2:08 PM, fab10 <email@example.com> wrote:
> It would be usefull to develop in gcc an intrinsic function for the assembly
> x86 instruction xchg to implement a low level mutex.
I believe that's what atomic_exchange is lowered to on x86?