This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New prerequisites to support multi image COARRAY in gfortran
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at charter dot net>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Damian Rouson <damian at sourceryinstitute dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 11:45:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: New prerequisites to support multi image COARRAY in gfortran
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <6EE09665-CC61-462B-BB7F-D0E55D8D2BE4@gmail.com>
On 04/04/2017 10:44 AM, FX wrote:
>> We choose mpich as a default only because it is very stable.
> Why are why tying ourselves to one MPI implementation?
Not tying ourselves at all. This just gives users who install gcc manually with
the ./configure process a default to use and only if they are using the download
prerequisites script which is optional. Distributions can still provide multiple
choices with package managers.
The final tie is at link time where a user may specify any compatible library
they choose. We do have a base of users who do not use package managers by the
way. So the goal is a minimal installation of a fully functional Fortran.