Re: New prerequisites to support multi image COARRAY in gfortran

Resending as plain text (although now I realize my reply is at least partially redundant since reading Andre’s email):

On April 4, 2017 at 10:44:09 AM, FX (fxcoudert@gmail.com(mailto:fxcoudert@gmail.com)) wrote:

> > We choose mpich as a default only because it is very stable.
>
> Why are why tying ourselves to one MPI implementation?

Jerry’s request is just to put an MPICH tar ball on the GCC ftp server as a default.  When we modify “configure,” there will be a --with-mpi option that enables users to choose their own MPI implementation.

Damian