This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New prerequisites to support multi image COARRAY in gfortran
- From: Andre Vehreschild <vehre at gmx dot de>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at charter dot net>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Damian Rouson <damian at sourceryinstitute dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 19:51:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: New prerequisites to support multi image COARRAY in gfortran
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <6EE09665-CC61-462B-BB7F-D0E55D8D2BE4@gmail.com>
we don't really do. You can use other MPI implementation as well, albeit not all
features are implemented in all the others. For failed images support we needed
the fault tolerance support for MPI, which I see only in mpich from 3.2 on. The
other MPI implementations publicy available do not support ft at the moment. So
as soon as they do in their stable versions, we might give the user more choice.
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 19:44:06 +0200
FX <email@example.com> wrote:
> > We choose mpich as a default only because it is very stable.
> Why are why tying ourselves to one MPI implementation?
Andre Vehreschild * Email: vehre ad gmx dot de