enumerators in generic tree

I got the hint, that gcc-help might not be the best mailing list for my issue, therefor I post it here again (sorry for double-posting):

I work on a gcc plugin which provides a dependency model of the compiled sources. The information is derived by walking the generic tree and collecting declarations of and references to all symbols. This works astonishingly good except for enumerators.

Enumerators are replaced by its constant value in a very early pass. The output generated by -fdump-tree-original doesn't show enumerator symbols but the constant value.

My question: is there an option to postpone the replacement of enumerators. I.e. to represent the enumerator as a CONST_DECL node instead of an INTEGER_CST node in the AST? If there is no option, are there any other suggestions to solve the problem up to "patch" the gcc code?

Currently I am using gcc 4.8.2.

Thanks
Joachim