This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A "newbies" guide to hacking on GCC (and plugins)
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 19:10:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: A "newbies" guide to hacking on GCC (and plugins)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 28 March 2017 at 21:41, David Malcolm wrote:
>  did we miss GCC's 30th anniversary?
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/History says the first release was 1987-03
> -22. As for myself, Thursday appears to be the 6th anniversary of me
> starting the gcc-python-plugin and hence on poking at GCC's internals -
> I'm not sure if 6 years means I still count as a newcomer, but 30 years
> is geological epochs in software terms :)
I think Jakub mentioned GCC's anniversary on IRC the day before, but I
still forgot to send it a card.