Re: Warning annoyances in list_read.c

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 07:59:01PM +0200, Thomas Koenig wrote:
> Am 27.03.2017 um 19:41 schrieb Marek Polacek:
>
> > Of course "the person" had bootstrapped and tested all the languages before
> > adding the warning.  If only any of you bothered to check the fortran/
> > ChangeLogs:
>
> The problem is with libfortran, which apparently was not tested
> (or the problem would have been found and, presumably, dealt with).

I always build libgfortran when testing.  The warning was committed
months ago, so it's weird that I'm only hearing about this now.

I would've been happy to fix the warnings if anyone pointed out them to me.
I hadn't know of them until very recently.

> So, due to incomplete testing, a regression was caused.  This has
> probably happened a few thousand times before, so it is not an
> exceptionally big deal.
>
> We should deal with this the same way we deal with other regressions -
> fix it or, if anything else fails, roll back the offending patch.
> The person who is responsible for the regression should usually take the
> lead in fixing it.
>
> Since the fix appears to be rather trivial, I promise to review
> any patch that falls into my area of review (fortran, libfortran)
> within 48 hours.

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2017-03/msg00145.html

	Marek