This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Aarch64] Vector Function Application Binary Interface Specification for OpenMP
- From: "Sekhar, Ashwin" <Ashwin dot Sekhar at cavium dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com" <richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com>, "marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com" <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, "nd at arm dot com" <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 04:30:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Aarch64] Vector Function Application Binary Interface Specification for OpenMP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: arm.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;arm.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=cavium.com;
- References: <BY2PR07MB2421EB8B7FDC1CFFDE065DDE92270@BY2PR07MB2421.namprd07.prod.outlook.com> <20170317140138.GA33372@arm.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On Friday 17 March 2017 07:31 PM, James Greenhalgh wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 09:50:18AM +0000, Sekhar, Ashwin wrote:
>> Hi GCC Team, Aarch64 Maintainers,
>> The rules in Vector Function Application Binary Interface Specification for
>> is used in x86 for generating the simd clones of a function.
>> Is there a similar one defined for Aarch64?
>> If not, would like to start a discussion on the same for Aarch64. To kick
>> start the same, a draft proposal for Aarch64 (on the same lines as x86 ABI)
>> is included below. The only change from x86 ABI is in the function name
>> mangling. Here the letter 'b' is used for indicating the ASIMD isa.
> Hi Ashwin,
> Thanks for the question. ARM has defined a vector function ABI, based
> on the Vector Function ABI Specification you linked below, which
> is designed to be suitable for both the Advanced SIMD and Scalable
> Vector Extensions. There has not yet been a release of this document
> which I can point you at, nor can I give you an estimate of when the
> document will be published.
> However, Francesco Petrogalli has recently made a proposal to the
> LLVM mailing list ( https://reviews.llvm.org/D30739 ) which I would
> note conflicts with your proposal in one way. You choose 'b' for name
> mangling for a vector function using Advanced SIMD, while Francesco
> uses 'n', which is the agreed character in the Vector Function ABI
> Specification we have been working on.
> I'd encourage you to wait for formal publication of the ARM Vector
> Function ABI to prevent any unexpected divergence between
Thanks for the information. We at Cavium are also working on libraries
which requires this ABI specification. So we would like to see this
published as early as possible.