This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Target maintainers: doc/install.texi love and care
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:14:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: Target maintainers: doc/install.texi love and care
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> References to dependencies on really, really old versions of
> binutils (talking 10+ years here) which I think we can remove.
> Let me follow-up with some of you with concrete suggestions
> around that.
I think we should set a global minimum binutils version (for all targets
using GNU binutils) and give an error at configure time for too-old
binutils. But not at the present development stage.
Joseph S. Myers