This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: November 2016 GNU Toolchain Update
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 23:10:46 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: November 2016 GNU Toolchain Update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Tue, 15 Nov 2016, Nick Clifton wrote:
> That's all for now. Hopefully the next update will be a bit sooner in
Thanks for that update, Nick. Surely interesting reading.
Are you planning another update for March or so? ;-)
On Wed, 16 Nov 2016, Joseph Myers wrote:
> Many of the GCC features listed here are not mentioned in
> gcc-7/changes.html. We all need to expand that to be more thorough in
> covering features that are new in GCC 7 compared to GCC 6.
In the meantime there have been many additions to gcc-7/changes.html,
and I believe except for
+ -Wbool-operation warns about suspicious operations on
expressions of a boolean type. For instance, bitwise negation
of a boolean is very likely a bug in the program. For C, this
warning also warns about incrementing or decrementing a boolean,
which rarely makes sense.
everything should be more or less covered now.
Still, additions very welcome, guys. Let me know if you need help.