This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
SPEC 456.hmmer vectorization question
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at cavium dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: law at redhat dot com, matz at suse dot de
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 14:37:32 -0800
- Subject: SPEC 456.hmmer vectorization question
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: sellcey at cavium dot com
I was looking at the spec 456.hmmer benchmark and this email string
from Jeff Law and Micheal Matz:
and was wondering if anyone was looking at what more it would take
for GCC to vectorize the loop in P7Viterbi. There is a big performance
win to be had here if it can be done but the alias checking needed
seems rather extensive.