This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Cygwin + zlib
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 01:10:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin + zlib
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF1jjLs0aBxd826pnZ7HfWh+ug+xq_1v7i3J44rA5cuaVhNNZw@mail.gmail.com>
On 24.02.2017 18:55, NightStrike wrote:
> Currently, to build natively on cygwin, this patch is required to zlib:
> Otherwise, this error occurs:
> ./../zlib/libz.a(libz_a-gzlib.o):gzlib.c:(.text+0x646): undefined
> reference to `_wopen'
> ./../zlib/libz.a(libz_a-gzlib.o):gzlib.c:(.text+0x646): relocation
> truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol `_wopen'
> Given that cygwin is a supported system, and given that zlib is
> in-tree (and was recently updated), does it make sense to include this
> patch in the gcc in-tree version of zlib?
please could you forward this issue upstream as well?