Re: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*

> > There are three main areas that require attention:
> >
> > 1) Regular builds of the SPE configuration and regular GCC testsuite
> > runs that are reported to the gcc-testsuite mailing list.
> >
> > 2) Timely reports of any regressions.
> >
> > 3) An active GCC developer who is the point of contact for the SPE
> > port and submits patches for the port.
> >
> > None of us within IBM are experts on the SPE port.  Someone from the
> > SPE community is needed to help triage issues, debug problems and test
> > patches that may affect the SPE port.
> >
> > With evidence of pro-active involvement from an SPE developer, the
> > port does not have to be deprecated. The effort needs to be more that
> > activity at GCC release cycle boundaries or an accelerated deprecation
> > process will be proposed.

Thanks for your feedback David.

Note that AdaCore has a direct interest in keeping this port live for the
time being hence our questions. We are discussing internally whether some
of us at AdaCore could step up to continue maintaining this port, so please
stay tuned and involve us before making any decision :-)

Arno