This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Disable -std=c++17 "ISO C++1z does not allow dynamic exception specifications"?
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:51:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: Disable -std=c++17 "ISO C++1z does not allow dynamic exception specifications"?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 03:44:17PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> There is no flag to suppress that error or demote it to a warning, is there?
> Could be useful when adapting large code bases to C++17 incrementally.
It is a warning in C++11/C++14 now, so compile with -std=c++14 and
incrementally fix all those warnings, then switch over to -std=c++17?
-std=c++17 also turns on P0012R1 (noexcept part of the typesystem), so not
sure what would the deprecated dynamic exception specification mean
together with that (we shouldn't be adding new mangling for the dynamic
exception specification etc.).