This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 20:02:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170214030703.GS21840@gate.crashing.org> <58A61E7B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170216221937.GB21840@gate.crashing.org> <58A63B91.email@example.com> <CAGWvny=aWTzSta=jwZS8HwmWU4riN7ee46CZP8MwS2PcYPC0mw@mail.gmail.com>
> On Feb 17, 2017, at 01:10 , David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This is not a new issue. The maintainer did not suddenly resign last
> week. There have been numerous efforts to reach out to the SPE
> community for over a *decade*, cajoling them to step up with
> maintenance for the port. I am glad that this notice of obsolescence
> has focused more attention on the long-standing problem.
Would there be a minimum level of commitment you'd like
to get to accept leaving the port in (if not this, at least
that ...) ?