Re: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Richard Biener
<richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like us to be more agressive in deprecating/removing of unmaintained
> parts of GCC.  It's not only target/host support but also things like
> unmaintained
> language extensions (or frontends) as well as optimization passes.

So... what about dropping i386 support? Steven Boscher suggested it 4
years ago following the Linux kernel dropping i386, but at that time
the discussion petered out without any firm conclusions either way.
See the thread starting at

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-12/msg00079.html

Or while we're at it, why not drop i486 too at the same time, unless
there are, well, users? That would additionally guarantee availability
of x87 (should we be happy or cry?), cpuid, cmpxchg8b, rdtsc.

--
Janne Blomqvist