This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: dje dot gcc at gmail dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 21:07:03 -0600
- Subject: Obsolete powerpc*-*-*spe*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I propose to mark powerpc*-*-*spe* as obsolete in GCC 7. This includes
the spe.h installed header file, all the __builtin_spe* intrinsics, the
-mfloat-gprs= command-line option, and the support for the SPE ABIs.
No one has properly tested these targets in a long time (the latest
testresults I could find are from July 2015, >1000 failures), and the
SPE support makes a lot of code much more complex.
Any objections to this obsoletion? GCC 7 will then be the last release
with support for SPE (it will need --enable-obsolete to build these
targets), and we will delete the SPE support during GCC 8 development.