Re: [patch, libgfortran RFC] Installation script for OpenCoarrays to enable multi-image gfortran

> But ultimately there is a tight coupling between OpenCoarrays and GFortran; it would be good to integrate OpenCoarrays into the GFortran testing process... so that you can see when GFortran devs do something that triggers a bug in OpenCoarrays, or that has a side effect of breaking OpenCoarrays (GFortran bug, or coordination required to update interface etc. on OpenCoarrays side.)

I read through the OpenCoarrays source code, and I was surprise how tightly integrated it is with gfortran/libgfortran assumptions. Given that, how can it work with other compilers?

> (*ducks while someone throws something at me for saying CMake is better than auto tools*)
> Any build system integrated with GCC should just be invoking CMake directly…

I have absolutely no religion on the issue of cmake vs. autotools, I am just saying that GCC is a super-complex piece of code, which runs on tons of different platforms, and so is very conservative about its requirements.

FX