This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What is the status of macOS PowerPC support?
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 16:30:22 -0600
- Subject: Re: What is the status of macOS PowerPC support?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1B32B4F9-BD6B-48B9-99AA-956963D4AFBB@gmail.com>
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 04:36:13PM +0100, FX wrote:
> I am trying to determine what is the status of the powerpc-apple-darwin target for GCC. The last released version of GCC for which a successful build is reported is 4.9.1 (https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2014-07/msg02093.html), and the last gcc-testresults post I could find was in April 2015 (https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2015-04/msg01438.html), for the GCC 5 branch.
> Do GCC 5, GCC 6 and current trunk support powerpc-apple-darwin? The target code is still there, apparently, and the compiler is not on the “obsolete” list.
It is actively being worked on (the latest commit is just over a month
old it seems). It mostly works, too. It is in better shape than many
other targets, I would say.