Re: What is the status of macOS PowerPC support?

Hi,

I did a successful 6.1 build when it was first released a few months ago on Darwin 9 (PowerPC 7457 (G4)). It took some time to build because cross did not work properly and I had no time to really investigate it. I compiled several tools and also some larger libraries (e.g. GMP) with no errors when running "make check". While I cannot speak for the current status, the 6.1 branch is already somewhat newer than everything you mentioned. I am not aware that the target is unsupported as of now, but do not quote me on that. I know from history that the fact that is working on my machine does not really mean anything, a compiler being such a sophisticated tool.

I hope I could give some impulses, despite not having given any definitive answers.

- jona