This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
What is the status of macOS PowerPC support?
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 16:36:13 +0100
- Subject: What is the status of macOS PowerPC support?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am trying to determine what is the status of the powerpc-apple-darwin target for GCC. The last released version of GCC for which a successful build is reported is 4.9.1 (https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2014-07/msg02093.html), and the last gcc-testresults post I could find was in April 2015 (https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2015-04/msg01438.html), for the GCC 5 branch.
Do GCC 5, GCC 6 and current trunk support powerpc-apple-darwin? The target code is still there, apparently, and the compiler is not on the “obsolete” list.