This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: HW subregs in machine description
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- To: Dimitar Dimitrov <dimitar at dinux dot eu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:29:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: HW subregs in machine description
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <14423492.U6l154Lu9l@tpdeb>
On 01/24/2017 03:24 PM, Dimitar Dimitrov wrote:
Currently I'm attempting to describe the 8-bit PRU subregisters as the "real" target register set, and then work on defining 16-bit and 32-bit ALU operations. But I'm not sure if that would be efficient for a 32-bit PRU target, or feasible at all.
this is what occurred to me as the way to go. Some existing targets do
the moral equivalent of that to hold a 64-bit double in an even/odd pair
of 32 bit regs. Don't think there's one that's quite as extreme as what