GCC function calling: Parameter passing on stack...

Hi All,

I am doing a port of GCC for a small internal processor and I have a question about function parameter passing.  I am allocating space for function parameters on the frame (via crtl->outgoing_args_size) and want gcc to use this space via frame pointer manipulation, not stack pointer manipulation.  So far, I cannot get gcc to use the frame pointer for the args, it manipulates the stack pointer directly (this is a problem since the stack pointer is not directly accessible).  I have the following configurations set:

#define ACCUMULATE_OUTGOING_ARGS (1)

#define REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE(x) (0)

//NOT USED #define INCOMING_REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE

#define OUTGOING_REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE(x) (1)

#define STACK_PARMS_IN_REG_PARM_AREA (1)

but these do not seem to help.  The compiler uses the frame pointer correctly for all the local variables, so I know it is aware of it.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Steve
(Broadcom)