This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Odd gcc-6.3.0 code generation on mips64 platform causing kernel Oops
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Joshua Kinard <kumba at gentoo dot org>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:34:19 +0000
- Subject: Re: Odd gcc-6.3.0 code generation on mips64 platform causing kernel Oops
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 23/01/17 15:26, Joshua Kinard wrote:
> I am not sure what this lone store-doubleword instruction is exactly doing, nor
> can I locate where in the gcc MIPS code it is being generated from.
It's a stack probe, making sure that there is enough stack space. Its
only purpose is to provide a SEGV if there is not enough kernel stack.
Look for`-fstack-check' as a GCC argument.