Re: How to configure a bi-arch PowerPC GCC?

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 08:35:14AM +0100, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> >so you seem to have 64-bit ABI_V4?  I wonder how well tested that is,
> >you are likely to run into more problems.  Either stack_restore_tie or
> >the above code will need a tweak.
>
> thanks for your help. I would had a hard time to figure this out myself.
>
> I am flexible in terms of the ABI choice for the 64-bit PowerPC. I guess
> the ABI_ELFv2 is the way to go?

It certainly is the most modern ABI.  It makes some requirements to what
Power ISA features are required, which may or may not be a problem for
your platform.  If you want to use BE, that should work with ELFv2 fine
(and it did in the past at least), but it doesn't get serious testing.

> I had to provide SUBSUBTARGET_OVERRIDE_OPTIONS in rtems.h (in
> config/rs6000/) to set the ABI. The sysv4.h doesn't care about
> -mabi=elfv2. There seems to be some copy and paste in linux64.h and
> freebsd64.h for their SUBSUBTARGET_OVERRIDE_OPTIONS. Maybe the common
> stuff should move to sysv4.h?

sysv4 is not ELFv2, it is a separate ABI.  Perhaps there should be an
elfv2.h header, sure.

Segher