Re: make[1]: *** wait: No child processes during make -j8 check

On 01/16/2017 05:37 PM, Martin Sebor wrote:
I've run into this failure during make check in the past with
a very large make -j value (such as -j128), but today I've had
two consecutive make check runs fail with -j12 and -j8 on my 8
core laptop with no much else going on.  The last thing running
was the go test suite.  Has something changed recently that
could be behind it?  (My user process limit is 62863.)
What version of make are you using? There was a bug where make could lose track of children a while back. Ask Patsy -- she may remember the RHEL BZ and from that we can probably extract the version #s that were affected and see if they match the version you're running.

jeff