This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: LTO crashes with fortran code in SPEC CPU 2006
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: kugan <kugan dot vivekanandarajah at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "<fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:34:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: LTO crashes with fortran code in SPEC CPU 2006
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+=Sn1ku_808fSQvQj273KSS4-m1TEZ_zJTCXKjUv-7wTbfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CA+=Sn1mSL8BnG=TfeRw8VZvX_mqvR2DhOs-ZCC0jgiFckO8f6g@mail.gmail.com>
On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 4:09 PM, kugan
> <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 15/01/17 15:57, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>>> Just this is just an FYI until I reduce the testcases but 5 benchmarks
>>> in SPEC CPU 2006 with fortran code is causing an ICE on
>>> aarch64-linux-gnu with -Ofast -flto -mcpu=thunderx2t99
>>> -fno-aggressive-loop-optimizations -funroll-loops:
>>> lto1: internal compiler error: in ipa_get_type, at ipa-prop.h:448
>>> 0x107c58f ipa_get_type
>>> 0x107c58f propagate_constants_across_call
>>> 0x1080f4f propagate_constants_topo
>>> 0x1080f4f ipcp_propagate_stage
>>> 0x1081fcb ipcp_driver
>>> Please submit a full bug report,
>>> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>>> Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
>>> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>>> lto-wrapper: fatal error: gfortran returned 1 exit status
>>> I don't know when this started as I am just starting to run SPEC CPU
>>> 2006 fp side with my spec cpu 2006 config.
>> I am seeing this too for aatch64 with -O3 -flto. It did work few weeks back.
>> This must be a new bug.
> I am reducing the crash right now with 459.GemsFDTD since that one
> seems like the smallest one to reduce.
Reduced it and filed it as PR 79108. Note the GC parameters are
needed to reproduce the bug.