This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: TLS run-time requirements on x86, etc.
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 18:25:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: TLS run-time requirements on x86, etc.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:22:58AM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I am looking at the RTEMS x86 TLS support. When -fPIC is
> specified, gcc generates calls to ___tls_get_addr(). But
> when it is not specified, there are no external calls.
> To make sure we are doing the right thing, I have a
> few questions:
> + What is expected for "get TLS" when __tls_get_addr()
> is not called?
> + Can we force all RTEMS i386 gcc configurations to make the
> function call to __tls_get_addr()? We have an implementation
> of it for ARM so it would be the same. So this would
> be a simple solution for us.