Re: k-byte memset/memcpy/strlen builtins

> Yes, for memset with larger element we could add an optab plus
> internal function combination and use that when the target wants.  Or
> always use such IFN and fall back to loopy expansion.

So, adding additional patterns in tree-loop-distribute.c (and mapping
them to dedicated optabs) is fine? Or does the yes refer to the
"else"/"or" part of my question (how would the backend recognize the
patterns then)?

> I'd say a multibyte memchr might make sense, but strlen specifically?
> Not sure.

ok, memchr would also work for the snippet I have in mind.

Regards
 Robin