Re: LTO remapping/deduction of machine modes of types/decls

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> If the host has long double the same as double, sure, PTX can use its native
> DFmode even for long double.  But otherwise, the storage must be
> transferable between accelerator and host.

Hm, sorry, the 'must' is not obvious to me: is it known that the OpenMP ARB
would find only this implementation behavior acceptable?

Apart from floating-point types, are there other situations where modes carry
information not deducible from the rest of the tree node?

Thanks.
Alexander