This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Chasing a potential wrong-code bug on trunk
- From: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- To: Martin Reinecke <martin at MPA-Garching dot MPG dot DE>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, rguenther at suse dot de
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 10:53:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: Chasing a potential wrong-code bug on trunk
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 2016.11.17 at 10:49 +0100, Martin Reinecke wrote:
> At some point in May 2016 there was a patch to the gcc trunk which
> caused one of my numerical codes to give incorrect results when compiled
> with this gcc version. This may of course be caused by some undefined
> behavior I'm unknowingly invoking in the code, or it may be a code
> generation bug in gcc. I tried to isolate the exact gcc commit that
> caused the change, but I got stuck...
You should check this first by compiling with -fsanitize=undefined and
fixing all issues that may pop up.