This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: omp-low.c split
- From: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>
- To: Cesar Philippidis <cesar at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:59:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: omp-low.c split
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 09:45:49AM -0800, Cesar Philippidis wrote:
> What's the plan to split omp-low.c into multiple files? Right now,
> omp-low.c contains code to lower and expand OpenMP and OpenACC. At least
> for the OpenACC transforms, we made an effort to keep the changes in
> omp-low.c target-independent. Is goal to break omp-low.c into separate
> lowering, expansion and target/offloading-specific files?
at this point my plan is to split the file into:
- a file with lowering-specific stuff,
- a file with expansion-specific stuff,
- a file with HSA gridification stuff,
- a file with other stuff (various helpers, things like
make_gimple_omp_edges called from other passes), and
- header files for all of the above.
A file with non-gridification target/offloading-specific stuff might
also be a good idea, I will keep it in mind. In any way, I do expect
discussion after I post the first patch and will incorporate feedback.
> Is there a timeline for it? The major pending OpenACC changes involve
> the tile clause and routines. Most of the routine changes happen in the
> FEs, we do preform some error handling in omp-low.c.
The timeline is basically this stage3, the earlier the better, but not
before all patches submitted against omp-low.c in stage1 are in (or
retracted, or dealt with somehow in general).