This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: omp-low.c split
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Cesar Philippidis <cesar at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, mjambor at suse dot gz dot zalov dot cz, Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 20:06:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: omp-low.c split
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 09:45:49AM -0800, Cesar Philippidis wrote:
> What's the plan to split omp-low.c into multiple files? Right now,
> omp-low.c contains code to lower and expand OpenMP and OpenACC. At least
> for the OpenACC transforms, we made an effort to keep the changes in
> omp-low.c target-independent. Is goal to break omp-low.c into separate
> lowering, expansion and target/offloading-specific files?
> Is there a timeline for it? The major pending OpenACC changes involve
> the tile clause and routines. Most of the routine changes happen in the
> FEs, we do preform some error handling in omp-low.c.
We first need to have all the pending GCC 7 omp/oacc patches committed (and
reviewed if they haven't been yet). That includes gomp-nvptx stuff
(approved), HSA stuff (I'll try to review tomorrow on Wed), OpenACC stuff
(the tile patchset is reviewed but will need small adjustments, the rest I
plan to review soon).
Only once all that is in, we can consider the splitting.