This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reduced source set
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernhard Schommer <bernhardschommer at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 21:30:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: Reduced source set
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAG8G+nvUmQV_Zc7wHOq7oiouYUg5rwNgpAAtPqOL1byNncV2qQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 20 October 2016 at 16:13, Bernhard Schommer wrote:
> for local version of different gcc version (c/c++ - only) we want to
> minimize the size of the sources in our local git. What can be removed
> without problems?
What kind of problems? Do you care about optional things like the
sanitizers? OpenMP? Transactional memory?
If you want the absolute minimum I think you can remove all the lib*/
sub-dirs except libcpp, libgcc and libstdc++.
I imagine you could remove gcc/ada, gcc/fortran, gcc/go, gcc/objc,
gcc/jit, gcc/objc, gcc/objcp
If you only care about some targets you could remove various config/* sub-dirs.
If you don't care about testing maybe you could remove the testsuites files.