This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Reliable compiler specification setting (at least include/lib dirs) through the process environment
- From: ludo at gnu dot org (Ludovic Courtès)
- To: Shea Levy <shea at shealevy dot com>
- Cc: nix-dev at lists dot science dot uu dot nl, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, cfe-dev at lists dot llvm dot org, Guix-devel <guix-devel at gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:59:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Reliable compiler specification setting (at least include/lib dirs) through the process environment
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Shea Levy <email@example.com> skribis:
> Your patches look good! My biggest concern is how the ld wrapper behaves
> in the presence of response files. Have you tested that?
It surely doesn’t (yet?).
However, GCC does not pass “@file” arguments when it invokes ‘ld’, and
the bug report you mentioned¹ talks about GHC invoking ‘gcc’, not ‘ld’,
so I guess it’s fine to ignore response files in the ld wrapper.