Re: Re: Make GCC emit ASM instructions in 'gcc/except.c' for i686 MinGW targets ?

> I'd probably create a new exception handling model and conditionalize
> whatever code you need based on that.

That would require copy-n-paste of tons of code...
All this remains contingent on Microsoft's generosity because
they don't provide APIs for SEH on x86, unlike on x64.
So I have to reuse stack unwinding code from SJLJ at the moment.

> Emission of code for that new
> exception model would likely require some amount of target specific code
> called via target hooks.

Hooks... Er, are you talking about those global pointer-to-functions?
There are a lot, indeed.

Best regards,
lh_mouse
2016-10-17