Re: Repository for the conversion machinery

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>:
> In practice there are a lot of ways people have messed up ChangeLog
> commits or commit messages that I would expect to confuse such author
> extraction, even before you get to the parts of the history converted from
> CVS.

This is also true.

I looked seriously at what it would take to recover this information
from the Emacs history, which is why I had the steps worked out in
such detail.  Having researched the matter, I did *not* offer to
actually add this wrinkle when I did their conversion...