Re: Repository for the conversion machinery

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016, Jason Merrill wrote:

> no additional commits, and keeps other branches that were deleted in
> SVN, though I was able to work around this with a postprocessing
> script.

I suppose there's the question of what we want cases where branches might
have been deleted to look like, both for past history and for future
development.  Branch deletion in git is not directly equivalent to branch
deletion in SVN because of the potential for leaving objects unreachable.
So either you rename the branches (e.g. into dead/) or you keep tags
pointing to their tips so the history stays reachable.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com