This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem with 447.dealII in spec2006 because of r240707
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Bill Seurer <seurer at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 08:38:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problem with 447.dealII in spec2006 because of r240707
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Bill Seurer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> parameter_handler.cc: In member function 'double
> ParameterHandler::get_double(const string&) const':
> parameter_handler.cc:777:28: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between
> pointer and integer [-fpermissive]
> AssertThrow ((s.c_str()!='\0') || (*endptr == '\0'),
> With the recent revision r240707 comparing a pointer with \0 became an
> error. Unfortunately this is used in several spots in the test case
> 447.dealII in spec2006 (one example above). There doesn't appear to be a
> way to disable this error check and we're not supposed to change the spec
> test cases. Any ideas on how to work around this?
Did you try -fpermissive ? Because that seems like it was listed ...
> -Bill Seurer