This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Converting to LRA (calling all maintainers)
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, davem at davemloft dot net
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 16:40:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: Converting to LRA (calling all maintainers)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160916203708.GD6920@gate.crashing.org> <2757926.g02hhnIhBv@polaris>
On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 11:22:04PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > Since a few days TARGET_LRA_P defaults to returning "true". I changed
> > all in-tree ports to still behave the same as before, which for most
> > ports means they use old reload always. All the primary platforms (see
> > the release criteria, <https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-7/criteria.html>) now
> > default to LRA though.
> So SPARC was changed and neither DaveM nor I was told about it? ;-)
Huh! For over a year I have been working under the (as it turns out now)
false impression that Power was the last port to change over.
Well that is a nice way to start the weekend. For me, anyway!
p.s. Are there plans for converting the SPARC port?