Re: [PR lto/77458] Avoid ICE in offloading with differing _FloatN, _FloatNx types (was: Advice sought for debugging a lto1 ICE (was: Implement C _FloatN, _FloatNx types [version 6]))

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016, Richard Biener wrote:

> Humm ... do we anywhere compare to those global trees by pointer equivalence?
> If so then it breaks LTO support for those types.

The C front end compares main variants to those types for handling usual
arithmetic conversions (and more generally for type compatibility), but
that's not relevant to LTO.  I don't think there should be such
comparisons outside the front ends.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com